Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Oh Zumty!


So over the summer I made two little visits to Peter Zumthor's Serpentine Pavilion. First was the opening night, which was probably not the best time to see it as it was jammed and you couldn't really get the chilled out Hortus Conclusus vibe he was perhaps going on. However even on the second visit I wasn't convinced, I just felt it was a bit nothing, the corridors were quite fun and slightly atmospheric but where was the burnt wood and the heavily scented plants? It all seemed slightly half-hearted and not really up to Zumthor standards, even on a second less busy visit, which the confused and unimpressed face of my non-architecty co-visitor summed up.



I did however on the opening night slip Zumthor a flyer for our degree show in London, he was a no show tho, what a loser!

No comments:

Post a Comment