Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Lil Trip

So August involved a jaunt round central Europe. This involved many standard panoramics of cities which now looking at the pictures I struggle to identify and more train journeys than I can count on all my fingers and toes. Amongst this trip were a couple of unexpected joys, firstly this 'building' (?) A case of what you can remove before you completely destroy the building. Is this successful preservation, is there any point in preserving just the facade (and more curiously the back) of the building or might you just as well take the whole thing down and start again? This made me think of Rem's contribution to the Venice Biennale 2010 which caused a little thinking about this topic. Obviously there are many sides to this debate, and although ripping out the entire inside of the building may result a slight loss of soul I do think maintaining the street facade is a positive, therefore reducing disasters such as this...
















Also reminded me of this which is just quite fun and tasty, in particular I'm a fan of the ones that you're not quite sure if they're real or not.


Think a visit to see what goes in the middle could be due!

No comments:

Post a Comment